Please copy and paste into an email, and return it to me at ThaTooles@aol.com. Please include "Puppy Application" in the subject line.
1. Do you have a veterinarian? Phone number?
2. Have you previously owned a bully breed?
3. How many people are living in your home, and what ages?
4. If you have children, are you willing to take the time to teach them how to properly behave around a dog?
5. If this puppy is primarily for a teenager, who is planning on keeping the dog if/when the child decides to leave for college?
6. Are you a military family? If so, do you travel often and are you able to choose where you are stationed?
7. Do you live in an apartment, condo, house, or other?
8. Does your homeowner's or rental insurance allow you to have this breed?
9. If you rent, does your landlord allow you to have this breed?
10. For what purposes are you interested in an American Staffordshire Terrier? Please include all that applies and feel free to add anything that may not be listed.
· weight pull
· personal protection
· therapy work
· family companion
11. Do you have any intentions of breeding this dog? If so, please answer the questions below...
· What are your goals of breeding?
· Are you prepared to show and health test the dog before breeding?
· Are you willing to co-own the dog on paper or follow any advice I may have to offer, when it comes to breeding the dog?
12. Do you plan on keeping the dog indoors or outside?
13. How many hours a day will the dog be left alone?
14. If kept inside, are you familiar with crate training?
15. Do you have a fenced yard? If not, how do you plan on securing the dog?
16. How do you plan on making sure the dog gets the amount of exercise it needs?
17. Do you prefer a male or female? Do you prefer a certain color?
18. Are you interested in a particular style of AmStaff - short, tall, bully, terrier, etc?
19. What personality traits are you looking for - high energy, outgoing, laid back, mellow, etc.?
20. Do you currently have any pets? What breed, sex, and are they neutered?
21. Are you willing to attend training classes with your new dog?
22. Are you aware that early socialization (starting at 8 weeks) to strange people, places, and pets is VITAL to a sound temperament and a great family companion?
23. Do you understand that leaving your puppy at
home without socializing him or her to the outside World will lead to shyness,
fear, and a poor temperament all around?
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this application. I am looking to place my puppies/dogs in FOREVER homes. I do this by matching the correct animal, and its personality, to the correct owner. If I don't have what you are looking for, I will let you know, and will help point you in the right direction. Filling out this application is not a guarantee that you will be approved for one of my puppies/dogs. Thank you for your interest.